The Familiars

In The Familiars, Aldwyn, an ordinary alley cat, was getting chased by a bounty hunter. He jumps into a shop’s window, and finds the most extraordinary creatures. Jumping into an empty cage because he heard people coming, he found himself in a shop with magical creatures. When the people enter, it was a young boy, an older bald man, and another old man. The kid starts to look around, to find his companion, other wise known as a familiar. Then finally, he come across  Aldwyn’s cage, and picked him. Once they get to the kid’s, Jack’s, house, he finds a blue jay named Skylar, and a tree frog named Gilbert. Both of them have powers, and Aldwyn has none. He wonders how he’ll fit in, and he tries to act like he knows everything they’re talking about, but has no clue what any of that stuff means. When still trying to fit in, Jack, Skylar and Gilbert’s loyals, Marianne and Dalton, get taken away from them, by the queen. And not only do they have to solve why the queen did that, but they also have to find out a way to get there loyals back.

The Familiars has changed me by making me realize that you can be any size to do something big, like Aldwyn, Skylar, and Gilbert did. It also taught me how important it is to have friends you can rely on, because if Aldwyn didn’t have Skylar or Gilbert with him, he couldn’t have completed his quest alone, neither could Skylar or Gilbert complete the quest alone, because they each knew different things to help each other overcome each obstacle that was blocking their path to get to there loyals. And, for the loyals, since they had reliable familiars, they could count on them to rescue them. This is how The Familiars have changed me as a human.